How do I change my Career Account login?


Instructions for requesting a change to your Career Account login



Instructions for requesting a change to your Career Account username. (How to change Purdue email name)


To request a change to your Career Account username, you must complete an Account Modification Form (Form 10). The online form is available here:

NOTE: Your request will be submitted to the Identity and Access Management team, and you will be notified within 7-10 business days. Submitting an Account Modification Form (Form 10) is NOT a guarantee your request will be approved.

Reasons to request a Login change

  • A legal name change.
  • If the login given to you is offensive.
  • Your current name has a typo causing the name to be spelled incorrectly.


  • You MUST provide three login choices that are 3-8 characters.
  • You MUST provide an alternate (non-Purdue) email address. This is to ensure that we can maintain communication with you while the login change is being processed.
  • If you want to keep your '' e-mail address as well as create a '', you may want to create an alternate email address instead of requesting a login change.
  • To create an alternate e-mail address, see "How can I add an alternate email address"


Still need help?  Click the 'Purdue IT Request' button to start a ticket.



Article ID: 332
Wed 6/7/23 2:36 PM
Tue 2/13/24 8:31 AM

Related Articles

Related Articles (1)

This article provides guidance on transferring your Purdue email to an alumni account after graduation.

Related Services / Offerings

Related Services / Offerings (2)

Identity and access management provides the consistent campus-wide means of managing and identifying everyone for granting access to University resources and ensuring individual privacy.
Identity & Access Management Request